Monday, April 2, 2012

Journal 2.4.12

Yesterday I read some of Jordan Mechner's journal from the mid eighties when he was working on Prince of Persia. It made me want to have a little record of what's going on with my work to look back on.

I had a dream last night where my wife and I were attending a lecture on Pride and Prejudice (something I know nothing about) at a book store in Brisbane. During the lecture, other students were passing around a giant red and yellow lizard that was apparently someone's pet. My friend Bo Lieu was there as well, and when the lizard was passed to him, the lizard suddenly jumped out of his hands and attacked me! Then I woke up.

Last night I sent off some concepts to a client I love, but whose taste I always struggle to really figure out. The concepts were good but I will be nervous all day until I get a response.

Besides that, the premiere of Game of Thrones season 2 last night meant my other plans for my other art projects were put on hold.

2 comments:

  1. i watched the 90s BBC adaptation of pride and prejudice with siobhan, i found it strangely compelling.

    *wistful sigh*....mr d'arcy!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. give me the lizard james...

    I had a dream where I was in this alternate dimension which was kind of the future but it was run by these old school mafia gangs.. anyway, I met this girl who had made this kind of shrine dedicated to me and my artwork for some reason.. I was carrying her around on my back, it was like ugh.. then we were in this spiritual store and gandhi walked in and bought this candle which had a picture of his face on it. the teller let him have it for free. when he went to pay she was like "ahh gandhi, not for you!"

    ReplyDelete