Monday, April 9, 2012

Journal 10.4.12

Spent an hour yesterday afternoon sanding back three more skateboards for my June show. A theme is starting to appear, finally. It's actually something a lot simpler than all the previous ideas I've had, and I think it's better for that.

Finished off my first piece after deciding to leave my "Jack O'Neill" piece out. The newer piece is so much better than Jack, a really obvious progression in technique and choice of materials from the earlier piece, and I would feel a bit embarrassed to show it now.

Had some encouraging news on two freelance jobs I'm working on at the moment. One is a logo (which I rarely do) for a video games news and reviews website. I have to incorporate it into a website banner now. The other is a concept for a skateboard that the client was mostly happy with. Still waiting on final sign-off before I can go ahead with producing the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment