Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Severian of the Order of Seekers for Truth and Penitence!

I'm excited to be getting more stuff happening on this blog! After some sage advice from this beastial yankee I have my drawing mojo back somewhat, so you expect some more pointless fanart like the above. 

Meet Severian, the protagonist of Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun. He is a twenty-something apprentice torturer, and something of a badass. Without going into too much detail and wearing all the letter off the keyboard, BotNS is my favourite book series ever, having knocked Dune off it's immense pedestal about two years ago. I've tried about a dozen times to draw Severian. This is the closest I've ever come to matching the mental image I have of him. This was really fun to draw - I almost gave up after the initial sketch, but after a dishwashing break, I came back and realised it was worth finishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment